The Burris Fastfire III is an optical device used to project parallel rays of red light. This unique gun sight projects this red-dot at the point of aiming to infinity. You, the observer, will see a red point that clearly marks your target.
Asking if you get shots on target with this sight is out of the question. With such ability, you definitely will! So, let’s learn more about this product in this Burris Fastfire III review.
The LED hidden inside its body emits light in the direction of the lens, on the inner surface of which a translucent reflective coating is applied. Rays of light reflect from the surface of the lens to form a parallel beam.
Easy to use, and requiring no lengthy instruction manuals as with basic gun scopes, you really should check this one out…
Because of its small size and weight, the FastFire can be directly attached to almost any weapon, including even the cover-bolt of a semi-automatic pistol. In fact, the scope can be used on pistols, shotguns, and rifles.
It is also virtually parallax-free between 9 and 137m. And it can be switched on or off for longer use. You also get to adjust the brightness to fit your needs.
Overall, the included battery will last you up to five years. This is certain, as the unit powers down automatically every 8 hours. Even if you forget to turn it off, your battery life remains intact due to this handy feature.
The Burris Fastfire III has an unlimited field of vision. It also has a red dot of 3 MOA/8 MOA. These two different models allow you to pick out one that will best suit your needs. Hence, you get convenient shooting, without straining your eyes.
Waterproof (100% waterproof and submersible) this proves to be the ideal red dot pointer for so many applications.
You get access to the stack from above without dismantling, and without modifying the point of impact. And you get click adjustment without tools; 3 manual brightness settings, 1 auto brightness adjustment and a low battery indicator.
You also get a protective cap for those times when you need to store your scope safely.
Advantages Over Other Types of Sights
The Burris Fastfire III sight is the best choice for the shooter who wants to maintain a balance of weapons and works mainly at short and medium distances.
For firing at medium to long distances, in addition to the Fastfire, you can purchase a regular scope. It mounts alongside a scope, so you will generate the best long-range results using both of them together.
- Allows you to look with two eyes, straight at your target, and still get a precise shot.
- Light in weight, with small dimensions.
- Parallax is practically non-existent.
- Costs several times less than most sights, and it runs using far less battery power.
The Main Features of The FastFire III
- Coated lens window for increased light transmission.
- 3-MOA and 8-MOA red dots with three levels of intensity and automatic brightness mode.
- The matte black aluminum case is resistant to corrosion and scratches.
- The top battery compartment allows you to replace the battery without removing the sight.
Burris Fastfire III Pros & Cons
Burris Fastfire III Specifications
- Type of sight: Red dot.
- Brand: Burris.
- Parallax detuning: Fixed parallax (total absence of parallax).
- Illumination of aiming mark: Adjustable.
- Attachment base: Weaver/Picatinny rail.
- Click Value: 1 MOA.
- Elevation Adjustment (total capability): 115 MOA.
- Windage Adjustment 86 MOA.
- Approximation multiplicity: 1 (non-exaggerating).
- Country of brand registration: USA.
- Colour: Matt Black.
- Weight (g): 28.3.
- Additional characteristics (power source): CR2032.
- Clear objective lens dimensions (mm): 21 x 15.